Training Programs - INSTRUCTOR RATING
Training will consist of 65 hours ground school and 32 hours dual flight training, including a minimum of 5 hours instrument time. Candidates can expect to spend about 150 hours of their own time developing their lesson plans and refining their instructional techniques. Transport Canada requires a minimum of 25 hours ground school, and 30 hours flight training.
*Prerequisite: Commercial Licence
Must be a minimum of eighteen years (18) of age.
Must have a category 1 medical certificate
You must have completed a minimum of 25 hours of Instructor Rating ground school instruction which shall include:
- practical application of the basic principles of learning and techniques of instruction
- preparation and use of lesson plans
- procedures for planning and presenting preparatory ground instruction
- pre-flight briefings, in-flight instruction, and post-flight debriefings
- theory of flight required to teach the air exercises
- aircraft flight manuals and aircraft operating limits
- presentation of pilot decision-making concepts
- the use of the Transport Canada Flight Instructor Guide, Flight Training Manual, Canadian Aviation Regulations, Part IV and the Flight Test Standards, Private and Commercial Pilot Licences - Aeroplane Category.
You shall obtain a minimum of 70% in the written examination Flight Instructor Rating - Aeroplane Class 4 (AIRAF).
A student will complete a minimum of 35 hours of dual flight instruction on overall pilot proficiency and the presentation of all exercises set forth in the Flight Instructor Guide which shall include a minimum of 5 hours of training in the teaching of instrument flight skills.
An applicant shall complete an instructor flight test to the standard outlined in the Flight Test Standard - Flight Instructor Rating - Aeroplanes, Helicopters, Aerobatic (TP5537).
|30||Dual Flight Instruction||$218.00||$6540.00|
|35||Dual Ground Instruction||$61.00||$2135.00|
|Books & Materials (approximately)||$221.70|
|Flight Test & Written Exam Fees||$230.00|
- Rates are based on the C172 rates
- Mandatory government taxes not included
|Flight Instructor Guide||$19.95|
|In Flight Instructor Notes||$27.95|
|C152/C172 Information Manual (POH)||$29.95|
|From the Ground Up||$54.95|
|Flight Training Manual||$28.95|
|Sharper Edge Instructor Workbook||$59.95|