Training Programs - Multi-Engine
Training will consist of approximately 2 hours Ground Instruction and 7 hours Flight Instruction in our BE76 Beechcraft Duchess or Piper Seneca Multi-Engine aircraft. There are no minimum training time requirements for the Multi-Engine class rating.
*Prerequisite: Private Pilot Licence
Must be a minimum of seventeen years (17) of age.
Must have a minimum of a category 3 medical certificate
The student will have sufficient knowledge in the following subjects:
- Performance and limitations of multi-engine flight including principles of flight with one engine inoperative
- Preparation for flight including flight planning, weight and balance, pre-flight inspection, engine starting, run-up and use of checklists
- Procedures for normal flight operations including taxi, take-off, climb, cruise, the circuit and landing
- Review of upper air work including flight at reduced airspeeds, stalls and steep turns
- Emergency procedures for flight with one engine inoperative in all phases including take-off, cruise and landing.
*Note: There is no written examination for the Multi-Engine class rating.
The student shall complete a flight test to the standard outlined in the Flight Test Guide - Multi-Engine Class Rating - Aeroplane. (TP 219E)
The student will complete training required to reach a sufficient level of knowledge and skill to pass the Multi Engine Class Rating - Aeroplane flight test.
|7||Dual Flight Training||$371.00||$2597.00|
|Books & Materials (approximately)||$79.90|
|Transport Canada Licensing Fee||$55.00|
|Flight Test Fee||$300.00|
- Estimated course costs are based on the Beech Duchess pricing. Piper Seneca costs are slightly higher.
- Mandatory government taxes not included
|Aircraft Information Manual (POH)||$39.95|
|The Complete Multi Engine Pilot||$39.95|